Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Black and White Desires by Alexandra Webb


When I first set out to write Black and White it was a joke, a simple let’s see if I can do this, and then it turned into my SPE project. Something happened that I didn’t expect: I feel in love with the characters. I never really expected it to go far, but then because of contract reasons I had to send it to my publisher before I could do anything else with it. They accepted it, but because of issues with their time management and how they treat their staff and authors, I requested my rights back. They were granted back to me and I quickly went to get it out to the public.  Luckily for me, I had a great group of people behind me to help me make it happen.

Now, before you tell me that I want to be the next E.L. James. I never dreamt I’d be writing erotic romance, never mind BDSM erotic romance. It’s just something that happened. My husband and I have been in the life style for close to five or six years now. It’s something that is near and dear to my heart. That being said, just a couple notes about Black and White: It’s fiction, a BDSM relationship does not develop over a few nights or a few weeks, that’s what makes this fiction and fantasy; I’ve strived to stay true to the life style that I love so much, but I write fiction not self-help books. Please if you’re interested in the BDSM lifestyle, do your research, talk to someone who lives it, and no matter what stay safe. If you’re not interested in the lifestyle, please do not be so quick to judge.

Thank you.

Alexandra Webb















What is your name? Erika Witman
Do you have a nickname? Not really, Sir calls me Pet a lot.
What is your hair color? Auburn-brown
What is your eye color? Brown, sometimes they look hazel
How old are you? Twenty-five
Where were you born? Colorado Springs
Where have you lived since then? No where, never left.
Where do you currently call home? Colorado Springs.
What is in your refrigerator right now? The left overs from the meals Sir has made me learn how to make. I’m getting better at this cooking thing.
What is on your bedroom floor? Nothing, I keep it clean, even from laundry. Sir likes a clean house.
What is on your nightstand? Books on photography and Photoshop, I’m going to get the hang of this digital stuff eventually.
What is in your garbage can?
Paper plates, trash from cooking dinner last night, and well the packaging from new room.
Who are the people you are closest to?
Jessica and of course Sir. I’m becoming close friends with Beau and Sheila
Who is your funniest friend?
Without a doubt, Jessica. The woman can make me laugh so hard I cry and her humor is always timed right.
What is your biggest fear?
Being sought after by a crazy person again
What is your most treasured possession?
My most reassured possession was my dad’s camera, sadly I no longer have it. Nothing has replaced it.
What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Landon
What is your favorite journey?
This journey I’m on now, discovering my submission and what makes me tick.
Which living person do you most despise?
Geoffrey. Who the hell stalks someone…crazy bastard.
What is your greatest regret?
Currently? Going out without asking Landon, that led to a world of trouble.
Which talent would you most like to have?
The ease of which some people have for Photoshop.
What is the quality you most like in a man/woman?
The ability to be open and honest. Trust and communication are the two things I must have in partner.
What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty and being there through thick and thin.
Who is your favorite hero of fiction or In real life?
Chuck is my hero of fiction. In real life, the people who deal with tragedy over and over and never blinking an eye.
Which living person do you most admire?
Those who fight for the lifestyle and are passionate about it.
Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Does Sir count? If not it’s “I’m fine.”
What is your motto?
A picture is worth a thousand words…cliché I know.



To her standards, he would qualify as a freak so I left the Dom side of him out of the conversation. "He's not a freak, he's an archeologist." I shrugged. "So I can talk history with him."
"Great, a geek, though I guess that's a step up from the other guys." She gave me a nudge. "I hope this works out for you, and if it doesn't I'll come sit at your apartment and eat loads of ice cream with you," a tradition of ours since I entered the dating scene.
"Oh look, a customer." I pushed away from the bar. The weeknights left the bar empty since it hid in the corner of a strip mall on the south side of town.  I nearly fell over when Landon walked in the door.
"Girl, you okay?" Jessica asked when I swayed.
"Yep." I tried to make sure any sign of hesitation or nervousness was out of my voice.
"You must have been swept away from his good looks." She waved to Landon. "Welcome to Forget."
Landon raised a brow and walked over to the bar, his eyes glued to my shirt. "Fitting."
"Shut it," I grumbled, and he raised his eyes to mine and I melted. “Sorry, I just wasn't expecting it to be you walking through the door. It's close to midnight, shouldn't you be sleeping?"
"You must be Landon, I'm Jessica, I interview all the boys she dates." She moved me to the side with her hips. "Tell me, are you a stalker, creep, wanted man, obsessed man, or otherwise not suited to date her."
I put a hand over my eyes as the embarrassment went on. Landon's laugh made me move my hand away to see him shake his head and grinning. "I'm none of that. Sounds like she's had an interesting dating history."
"You have no idea." I shrugged. "It just happens. I attract the weird ones." I met his gaze so he could see the humor in my eyes.
He laughed. "I'm sure I can relate to some of them. You have time for a break? I'll buy you a drink."
Jessica gave a dramatic look around the bar. "Ya know, I think we might be too busy." She winked at me. "Go ahead honey, I've got this covered. I'll make you your favorite."
"And that is?" Landon asked, standing from the stool.
Jessica laughed. "Mudslide."
 









”What would you like to tell everyone about you that they wouldn't already know from reading your books?” I actually took photography in high school because it had been my mom’s passion. Needless to say I didn’t have her talent.
 Can you tell us your latest news?
I’ve completed my next BDSM Novel Exclusively Yours and hope to have a release date. I’m also looking at releasing Caught and Bound on it’s own here in the near future.
What inspired you to write your first book?
As Alexandra Webb, my first book actually was Black and White (even though Twisted Redemption came out first). It started out as a joke and a NaNoWriMo project. The joke was with my husband “You can totally write something better than that.” (I’ll keep from naming titles) And I snorted and said, Yeah…and that’s what I set out to do. I did it for the Self Publishing Experiment, but things got haywire. Though through everything, I fell in love with it and strived to make it the best I could before I hit the publish button.
Do you have a specific writing style?
Not really. I try to bring in similar themes, bondage, suspense of some sort, but there’s no true style. Sometimes it’s 3rd person sometimes it’s 1st person. Sometimes it’s long, sometimes short. It’s all sexy though!
How did you come up with the title?
The original title was In Black and White and it was actually an editor with a publishing company that urged me to change it to something sexier. I decided I liked it so much I’d keep it when I left the company.
“What do you want your readers to get out of your novels?”
I want my readers to get the escape they crave when they come for BDSM books, but I also want them to get a sense of how a true BDSM relationship works. I know it’s fiction, but I still strive to be as accurate to the lifestyle as I can.
“Is the book mostly fantasy or do you think these situations could actually happen?”
Now I love music just as much as reading, I normally listen to music while I am reading. Do you think that you characters have theme songs? What would they be?
“Are the experiences fact based or from your imagination?”
A little bit of both. I draw from experiences and research and take it from there. I’ll let you figure out what I have experiences with ;)
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
Nope! I’m so totally in love with Erika and Landon that I wouldn’t change a thing about them.
Can you share a little of your current work with us?  Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
My current work, Exclusively Yours, is a story about a woman who had a terrifying experience in the past and it comes back to challenge her current life. It takes place in a club with a sexy detective trying to get to the bottom of some gruesome murders. The challenge for this book was that Leslie at some points is with multiple partners…this isn’t something I have experience with!
Who designed the covers?
I did! With input from people I trusted. Fun fact: It’s my picture on the cover, because it was the only picture that the people agreed on, none of the stock photos were working.
What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Honestly? The sex scenes. Black and White is written in first person and BDSM sex is not only about the motions of going through sex, but the emotions of the characters. Getting into her head was very emotional.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Don’t listen to the naysayers. Keep going.
I just want to say thank you so much for taking the time to answer these for my readers and I. I look forward to seeing more work from you in the future.

Buy Links


Author Links
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alexandra-Webb/338797306240306
Website: www.alexandrawebb.net
Twitter: @webb_alexandra


1 comment: